Thursday, March 1, 2012

New websites....

I'm now realizing that I'm in trouble lol.  By looking all over the net for new challenges I'm discovering new shopping websites... I have just now ordered great new stamps from Totally Stampalicious... oups... never thought that I would find sooo many cute things and new ideas.  Oh well at least I can't say that I'm bored at night!  I'm quite busy these days!

So tonight I did another great challenge from Desert Island crafts and I managed to match it with another great site's challenge The poodles parlour only to realize that this one is closed (it was to make a mother's day card)... oh well.  Still think I did good.  So for 1st challenge it was to incorporate some of the followings in the card:
1.) Vintage
2.) Distressing
3.) Make the text/sentiment the focal point
4.) Dress forms
5.) Steampunk
6.) 3 or more ribbons
7.) Fussy cutting
8.) Anything but a card

9.) Metal hardware (charms, brads, eyelets, etc.)
10.) No patterned paper

I managed to incorporate number 1,2,3,6 and 9.  I can't seem to work without pattern paper.  Here is my card:
It's simple but I really like the way it turned out.
I used Spellbinders Nestabilities "label 11" and sentiment stamp from CL48 Greetings Galore Stamp as well as some Distress inks to go around the sign.  The rest of the material comes from various papers, ribbons and brads that I have accumulated.

So this is one of the cards made.  Hoped you liked it ;)

Voici une carte que j'ai faite ce soir.  Elle est plutôt simple mais il y a quand même plusieurs techniques différentes qui ont été utilisées.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I like how you used your ribbons. Thank you so much for playing along with DICC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job with the itinerary, thanks for joining us at DICC! :)

    ReplyDelete